How are you today?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Peaches, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Kenna

Kenna in love....with my music!

Thanks so much! It was definitely very hard and I am still maintaining!

Hello everyone!
  2. Kenna

Hope everyone is doing well..it's warm here in Southern California! I went to a funeral today and man, it's good to lead a life where people can say good thing about you while you are living and after you are dead...I hope that's the kind of life I'm living.
  3. chiomze

chiomze Dr. Know Know Aproko-itis

:lol You know you have nothing to worry about, on the other hand aren't people obligated as a simple courtesy to say good things about you at your funeral, even if they do not know you or believe it?
  4. Gen Sani Abacha

Gen Sani Abacha SUPREME DICTATOR

Anyone who doesn't like me or who holds a negative opinion of me both without reason should not attend my funeral!!! Otherwise, my ghost shall rise up and hauint them till they run mad...:mads
  5. Kenna

Girl, I have been to some funerals where there was NOTHING good to say...even the minister just said some comforting words to the family and that was about it. I think the person who died at that particular person was a gang banger and caused the family a lot of grief if I remember correctly. Ain't no use of lying at the funeral!

Well...look at you! LOL!
  6. chiomze

:roll
    Thereby justifying the negative opinon.
  7. chiomze

That must have been something. More like a relief party.
  8. obiora

obiora Oforkansi

One of my homeboys died here last month @ 56 and he was really into 4 things: women, women, women and more women. As a matter of fact, I am sure he will be having erection in the morgue. He was more interested in cultural things like masquerade and the black magic that comes with it but there was nothing Christian about him yet people are scrambling to hold a candlelight vigil for him here in Houston and they are looking for pastors who will provide a nice eulogy for him as a fallen soldier of Christ.
    I suggested for us to simply see his estranged wife and 2 daughters and conclude the condolence rituals without presenting any eulogy or rites as Christians. The man never accepted Christ and was never interested in anything that has to do with church or Christianty, why force him to be what he despised so much over his dead body?. I tire for my people sometimes. He will be flown back to Nigeria by April 13th and the least I can do is wish his family well but to stand before a crowd and claim that he was a good Christian and family man will be despicable. Some people try to stay between the two worlds but in his case, he never pretended to be what he was not and I appreciated that about him.
  9. Kenna

Ok then they should just have a simple service. No pastor needed. Just someone who can say something about the man's life and that's it. No need to say he was at the church giving money, helping the homeless or whatever because that is probably not who he was. Just tell the truth.
  10. Kenna

By the way, I am glad to see the forum back up and running but this new format is killing my eyes....SOLA..LOL!!!
  11. chiomze

Nna NIA don change o, me I don confuse to navigate am.
    So na the thing Sola dey do log us out for like 10 years :ringed.
    I thought he went to naija to vote o, I was looking to see him on TV being koboko whipped by some mallam Mopo. :roll
  12. chiomze

You see am even my smileys no dey work ha this change har o :)
  13. obiora

obiora Oforkansi

Actually, he did help some people out but HE NEVER AGREED to the concept behind Christianity or any other foreign religion thereof. He was more like a pan-African "hoochie-papa" who was cheerfully enjoying his life without Jesus, why stuff Christianity inside his coffin now that he can't decide for himself?.
  14. Kenna

Obiora, it's great he helped some people but perhaps his wife is Christian and is trying to give him a service that would more be fitting for her? I don't know..
  15. chiomze

Then perharps she should die so she can have what she wants for HER funeral.
  16. Kenna

LOL!

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend. I sure am..just had some really great pasta today!
  17. Gen Sani Abacha

Gen Sani Abacha SUPREME DICTATOR

Therefore let 'em stay away..QED :p
  18. Kenna

LOL, can't always do that! Hope everyone is well!
  19. Tiron

Tiron Master Group

Coughing, sore throat, sneezing, itchy eyes, itchy ears, blocked nose. Yea, spring is indeed here. :(

Come back lovely cosy snow, all is forgiven!
  20. obiora

obiora Oforkansi

Kpele, that's pollen.....Our trees gotta fertilize, so we can have fruits.
    Tiron likes this.